Today I learnt about the forthcoming programme of “Things” and I’m apprehensive about tackling some and excited about others.
- Pocket – Lord knows what this is. What if it’s a non-specifically destinationed individual’s pocket? Yes, that’s the politically-correct term for a tramp. Actually, I wonder what a NSDI has in their pocket? Could be gin. Mmmm… gin.
- Storify – I’m good at writing stories but what if it’s complex stories that are needed?
- Academia.edu – I know I should know more about this than I do – I hope it’s simple.
- Github – I don’t want to meet gits.
- Podcasting – I’ve been avoiding podcasting for years. I only like the Twittertainment podcasts on Radio Five. Long live the Kermode.
- Presenting Skills – I’m secretly quite a private person.
- Data mining – this just sounds like hard work. Ok, I know a little. I’m being deliberately dumb here for comedic effect. I’ll stop.
- Twitter – I do this. I like it. I want to learn everything.
- Reddit – I’ve always wanted to know about this but have never had the time.
- Sourcing good images – I have a few sources, more will be awesome.
- Visualising data – this will allow me to see like Neo in the Matrix.
- The Ultimate Research Tool – how can you not be excited by that build up.