A more sober video from the 23 Research Things team this time around, loaded with import.
So, first job. Google my name.
- I’m a President and CEO of a Canadian company trading in precious metals. Go me.
- I’m a Senior Lecturer at Anglia Ruskin. Nope, not me. I just have a common name.
- Three pages in and finally a truism – I work for Cambridge University.
After narrowing it down to my hometown:
- Apparently, I’m dead and buried.
- I’ve been fined £25,000 for selling illegal licence plates – nope, not me.
- I was born on this day in 1882 – happy birthday to me!
- And the truism?… I’ve made an objection to a proposed council plan.
Can’t say I’m too upset by this lack of information. I feel comforted that I have kept my online profile hidden from Google for so long – a nigh-on impossibility these days.
Yes, even my old myspace and hotmail accounts and my endless self-promotion of my music journalism has been done under the radar, under a pseudonym.
So, onto “Have I Been Pwned?”.
ARGH! 3 major nega-hits – MySpace in 2008, Dropbox in 2012 and LinkedIn in 2016 have all been hacked. Usernames and passwords yoinked by ne’er-do-wells.
My plan: Remain as wary of my online presence as I have been thus far. Consider deleting that MySpace account. Definitely delete my LinkedIn account (for now). And change my Dropbox password immediately.
Next job, check out a fellow 23-er. Today, I’ve chosen Science Jazz because I like both disciplines (I’m picturing Miles Davis playing with magnets and iron filings) – https://sciencejazz.wordpress.com/
It’s a pretty little blog and I left a message to encourage the user to continue with it. Do pop along and say hi!
Ciao for now.